Procedures and Information for Gump Station Operations related to the Covid-19 pandemic
As COVID restrictions have been lifted in French Polynesia, California, and around the world, the Gump Station maintains a prudent approach and follows UC Berkeley policy and any French Polynesia advisories. Notably:
- All users are expected to be fully vaccinated and boosted and shall follow UC COVID-19 Vaccine and Booster Requirements. As of March 2023: "those that receive a vaccine mandate exception (for medical or religious reasons) will need to wear a face-covering inside campus buildings and it is strongly recommended that you get tested at least once per week."
To minimize the chance of outbreaks, all Station users are encouraged to self-test in the case of symptoms or close contact with someone who has COVID. Anyone testing positive should notify Gump Station staff and self-isolate until they test negative again.
- The Gump Station reserves the right to reintroduce previous mandatory COVID policies (e.g., testing, the wearing of masks indoors, and/or other social distancing measures) in the event of new variants and/or high rates of transmission on Tahiti or Moorea.
At the time of writing, there are no longer restrictions on travel to/from French Polynesia, but please review the latest University and FP advisories:
- UC COVID-19 Vaccine and Booster Requirements
- Visitor’s entry and stay conditions for French Polynesia (in English)
Other Useful Links
- French Polynesia Health Department information for Covid-19 (in French)
- High Commission of France (in French)
- Tahiti Tourism (in English)
- Air Tahiti Nui (in English)